Happy Birthday to me!
Today I turned 33 years old.
Oh my what an exciting journey this has been up to this point. I have learned so much and at the same time I feel like I have so much more to learn.
So what have I learned…
1. That my gut instinct is not always right. Sometimes my gut instinct is so wrong that it takes me years to fix the damage that my gut instinct got me into.
2. Not all advice is good advice. Some people will give you advice based on what they heard, not on what they have experienced first hand, ergo, I should be mindful of the advice I choose to take.
3. I have to take care of myself. My personality is ISFJ-T The Defender, which means that I take great joy in defending and taking care of others. I had to learn how to defend and take care of myself first.
4. Alone time is the best time. Every minute of my day doesn’t have to be spent hosting, or entertaining others. I had to stop always inviting people over and just appreciate the time spent with myself.
5. That it’s ok to just have a glass of wine and binge watch tv shows. I don’t have to be productive all the time, I can be unproductive sometime.
This is just a short list of things I have learned. There were so many other lessons learned over the last 33 years of my life. I am so grateful for all that I have learned and I am looking forward to learning so much more.