- Sister a novel by Rosamund Lupton-A powerful story about the love between two sisters. This book had me from the first chapter. I needed to finish it, it is full of suspense, love and just all those things that make a good read. I was shocked at the ending and hope there is a part 2. I hope it doesn’t end the way I think it did. That’s how I know a book is good, I want to keep reading this book!!
- We were liars by E. Lockhart-this book was kind of predictable. Even still I did enjoy reading it. I think the author wants you to be able to predict the ending, kind of like everyone knows except for the main character, Cadence. Which I think is pretty powerful writing. Like you know, but you still want to see how Cadence takes the news when she finds out. I was not disappointed by this book.
- Boundaries in Dating by Dr. Cloud and Dr. Townsend-I read this book for a second time, because it really is full of so much information and I learned so much the first time I read it. I found myself adding to my notes and highlights, because I am in a different season of my life now, so different things spoke to me. I will continue to recommend this book!!!
- The Covenant (Abram’s Daughters Book #1) by Beverly Lewis- I am looking for book 2. This book is from the perspective of 4 sisters who are growing up under the Plain folk laws. I loved how simple and beautiful this book was. I will be reading the entire series!!
- Men we Reaped a Memoir by Jesmyn Ward-I did not complete this book. The beginning started off so morbid that I couldn’t get past the second chapter. This was my second attempt to read this book, so I will be donating it.
- Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk by Kathleen Rooney-I did not complete this book. It dragged on talking about an elderly lady spending New Year’s Eve alone, etc. I didn’t make it past the first few chapters. I will also be donating this book.
I read 4 books during the month of March. I haven’t met my 5 books a month goal at all this year. That is completely ok with me though. I think I put so much pressure on myself to just read, that I forgot to just breath! I have to take time to let my brain just rest. I have incorporated mindful techniques during my daily regiments so I won’t be reading as much as I originally planned. I don’t think I will meet my goal of 60 books by end of year. Which I am totally ok with. I would much rather take small steps in my reading goal and enjoy my reading time, compared to making reading a chore to complete. I will continue to post reviews on the books that I read. I may or may not do a monthly recap in the months to follow. I have also switched my focus from reading the books on my book shelf to just purging the books I know I will never read.