I can’t believe it is already July and I haven’t read nearly as many books as I had planned too. Then again looking back over my reading patterns for the last few years, I guess I can believe that I haven’t read as many books as I had originally planned.
So, at the beginning of 2019 I set a yearly reading goal of 30 books, it is now the first week of July and I have read a total of nine books.
I did a list of January books read here.
Below are the other five books I have read this year 🙂
- Dark Corner by Brandon Massey- B. Massey is one of my favorite thriller writers. He has a way of leading you through a story in a way that leaves you feeling like your time was spent wisely. I have read a few B. Massey books and when I ran across Dark Corner, I knew I wouldn’t be disappointed. This is a novel about a small town that has a dark secret. The main character David, returns to his family’s hometown, and discovers a secret that his once estranged father had been hiding. My only regret with reading this book, is that it did not do a good job of tieing up all the story lines. There were still a lot of unanswered questions when I put this book down. I am looking forward to a sequel.
- Understanding The Purpose and Power of Woman by Myles Munroe- This was a book that had sat on my bookshelf for a few years. It was a good read, and I did learn a lot. I love how Dr. Munroe highlighted the principles at the end of each chapter. I would recommend it.
- We’re Going to Need More Wine by Gabrielle Union- I picked this book up at the airport for a quick read. I love the actress G. Union and I loved hearing about how she grew up. She had a few good points. This was a fun read and I could easily read it while sipping on a few glasses of wine. Definitely a good book to take to the beach this summer.
- The Storytellers Daughter by Cameron Dokey- I snagged this book at a thrift store in DC while waiting for my cousin to get off work. If you love to read stories, this is a great book. It is a retelling of the Arabian Nights stories. It is very well written. I do wish the book was a little longer, maybe if C. Dokey would have went more into further detail with some of the stories. All in all it was a good read.
- Last Nights Kiss by Shirley Hailstock- When I picked this book up, I didn’t realize that it was a part of a series. I actually didn’t realize it was a part of a series until after I finished the book. This is a good cheesy romance novel. I needed a book to distract me from reality and this book definitely did that. It is definitely cheesy but most romance novels are. If you love to hear how the boy wins the girl this is definitely a good read and I highly recommend it.
Well that’s it, five books read for the months of Feb-June. I am not sure if I will make my goal of 30 books read before year 2020, but I will keep reading though.
As always feel free to let me know what you are reading below.
Peace and Love